Here are some awesome and empowering quotes from several very strong female celebrities.
And Kristen Stewart.
No, you know what? Fuck you.
Let me tell you about Kristen Stewart.
Let’s talk about how she’s the centerpiece of one of the most inexplicably popular misogynistic pieces of film shit and somehow gets blamed for it sucking, despite the fact that, hey, the books were actually worse. For those who were lucky enough to escape reading the actual books, her apparent lack of emotion is 100% accurate to Bella’s character, because Bella is in fact not a character but a blank white wall for fourteen-year-old girls to project themselves onto. Robert Pattinson is not the only one in the cast who hates Twilight, thank you.
Let’s talk about how she got crucified in the media for having an affair with a married man, when that man was her director. And let’s remember that she was called all manner of things for “ruining her relationship with RPattz” when she wasn’t even engaged to the dude, let alone married with kids. But oh no, she gets called a slut because she’s Kristen Stewart, she gets her career fucked because she’s Kristen Stewart, and the dude gets off scott free.
Let’s talk about how she is incredibly shy and anxious (rather, incidentally, like Chris Evans) but does film anyway, because she’s just that awesome.
Fuck your noise. She’s not the best actor in the world but she sure as hell doesn’t deserve that kind of shit.
Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
Oh my god, this is me. This is exactly… everything… I guess I never realized it was so bad. I just thought I was awkward. D: I feel… weird now. O_o
Sometimes I feel okay about the human race. It’s not often, but when it happens, it’s lovely.
Care less, ZQ. XD
I am really loving this.
jesus this is beautiful
i like viruscomix a lot
I’ve seen this like 4 times now. Time to reblog it.
wow winston rowntree actually learned how a fuckin comic is supposed to work (NOT A MASSIVE WALL OF WORDS)
good on him
well in the sense that this was like three years ago and he’s still doin that yeah :v
THIS MADE ME CRY WITH JOY
This is perfection…
See… I see this and I think “Why isn’t there a Venture Bros. version of this?”…
is the majority of tumblr even old enough to remember llama llama duck?
#lestrade is all: this is a drugs bust #if it’s not drugs or evidence i don’t fucking care #eyeballs arent my division #neither are microwaves #coffee is my division #doughnuts are my division #sherlock’s delicious fucking ass is my division #you can bounce a quarter off that ass #yeah i want that division #my division #gimme dat assvision #twerk it sherlock #t w e r k it
This still makes me laugh.
i cry everytime i read those tags
I AM CRYING!
THIS SOUP IS DRY
Awww. But also, and more importantly, why were they just talking about panties being on or off, and how has no one else commented on that?!
THIS IS EVERYTHING.
I can’t even put into words how much I love Jon Stewart.
Seriously, Stewart/Colbert 2016, f’reals. Can’t be any worse than Bush, right?
Page 1 of 73