Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
Meet the Auburn Tigers, Australia’s first all Muslim Woman Football Team! Read their story on hijabican
I didnt get a chance to take pictures of all the details so I am going to describe to you how it looked.
-On the end of the antenna was a golden snitch.
-the nimbus 2000 was attached to the roof.
-The right side of the car it had an “Always” sticker
- On the left side it had a “Its real to us” sticker.
-On the back it had a Slytherin house sticker.
-On the inside dashborde it said Severus.
- On the hood there was a dark mark
-On the licence plate it said ISSNAPE then “I am the half bloode prince” around it.
-Then on the top of the car a picture of Snape himself.
This is the best car ever. THE SLYTHERINE MOBILE!!
We even wrote a letter congratulating the owner.
California SNAPE MOBILE!!!!
He’s also a cyclist (dat madone)! Sweet ride, brah ;)
It’s also silver and green.
Makes me think I need to pimp out my Death Eater car a little more. The only thing I don’t have is a large Dark Mark decal or quotes on the windows. I could easily make those. One time I got a note on my car about my license plate, it was awesome. :D
so this just happened
Muggle home into Hogwarts Castle
“Proof” updated version.
STOP IT I’M FREAKING OUT
I am both scared and excited
LET’S NOT FORGET THE FUCKING DALEK EYESTALK THAT WASHED UP IN FLORIDA
Or the Utah Cave Painting resembling the TARDIS~
let me repost this again
Not to mention the fact Mars is full of water.
Ladies and gentlemen, Gallifrey
Remember those things the Master had? So:
Crack in time?
So now I’m just gonna sit down and wait.
i just nearly fell down the stairs running to tell my dad that the doctor is real and that the internet has proof…
let’s not forget about this painting that has been made in 1959.It looks like Amy and Rory who actually lived somewhere around that time
I’ve been thinking lately about the character of Leslie Knope, since some random bloggers have been complaining that she’s too saintly or something. (Which is so weird. She totally has TONS of flaws, it’s just that the show doesn’t think she deserves to be constantly put down for them, unlike how practically every other show on TV treats women. So maybe that’s why it’s confusing for people.)
I think what I love about Leslie and her flaws is that they are all, like, childlike flaws, in what is somehow a very appealing way — she’s impulsive and passionate and feels everything intensely, so she loses her temper very unself-critically. I feel like post-puberty so many women are socialized to not express negative emotions, or at least to be really… what is the word. Like, circumspect or careful about expressing them.
But the way Leslie Knope gets mad — man, that is the way a little girl gets mad. She is totally not worried about whether her feelings are legitimate, or whether she’s being unreasonable, or about anyone thinking she’s a bitch. She just scrunches up her face and loses her shit, and threatens to waterboard a teenage boy, or declares war on the country of Peru, or knocks files out of Mark Brendanawicz’s hands. I GUESS I’VE BEEN PRONOUNCING YOUR NAME WRONG ALL THESE YEARS, MARK BRENDANA-QUITS.
Basically I feel like Leslie Knope (and, honestly, a little bit Amy Poehler) is what would happen if a girl was allowed to get through puberty with her real self intact, instead of getting relentlessly socialized to be whatever an acceptable woman is supposed to be, and that is kind of great.
“Tried taking a picture of a sink draining, wound up with a picture of an eye instead.” (via)
For a second there, I was seriously rapid-blinking in sympathy with whoever had that much soap in their eye.
That’s a stunningly perfect piece of art right there.
SOMEONE OPENED THE GATE
Page 1 of 13